ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

Photo

Python Checker Coding Tutorial #1 | Opening Files and Reading ComboFiles

• Please log in to reply
Python Checker Coding Tutorial #1 | Opening Files and Reading ComboFiles

TheyCallMeRebel
TheyCallMeRebel
    Rep
    Veteran

Threads: 87
Credits: 0

Seven years registered

Hello All today I'm releasing a tutorial that will eventually lead up to teaching someone how to fully code a Checker. Today I'll be going through a few different ways to read a combo file and integrate it into your checker. These tutorials assume you understand python and its syntax. I'll continue on with these tutorials if theres enough people interested so if you find this useful please let me know.

Hidden Content
You'll be able to see the hidden content once you reply to this topic or upgrade your account.

ThatsMeRebel 2479

Help stop impersonators, this is my only discord account.

cancerbero777
cancerbero777
    Rep
    Addicted

Threads: 1

One year registered

I am writing to you from far away, I am very interested in learning, thank you for sharing.

eldopamine
eldopamine
    Rep

Threads: 0
One year registered

tysm

jamnul
jamnul
    Rep
    Veteran

Threads: 376

One year registered

Thx

Kitty
Kitty
    Rep
    PM me for coding services :)

Threads: 28
Credits: 2

User has joined recently.
Make sure to use a MiddleMan.
Four years registered

Hello All today I'm releasing a tutorial that will eventually lead up to teaching someone how to fully code a Checker. Today I'll be going through a few different ways to read a combo file and integrate it into your checker. These tutorials assume you understand python and its syntax. I'll continue on with these tutorials if theres enough people interested so if you find this useful please let me know.

Hidden Content
You'll be able to see the hidden content once you reply to this topic or upgrade your account.

I don't quite understand why you would teach use of utilizing tkinter, IMO a cli will suffice in 99% of cases.

Furthermore I believe explaining the use of glob would be way better :) Other than that nice tutorial, nice that you've included queue as it really is important for threading :)

ahSEw91.png

medada
medada
    Rep
    Lurker

One year registered

Thanks this will be a good read.

skywalker
skywalker
    Rep
    certified hood moment

Threads: 29

Four years registered

I don't quite understand why you would teach use of utilizing tkinter, IMO a cli will suffice in 99% of cases.

Furthermore I believe explaining the use of glob would be way better :) Other than that nice tutorial, nice that you've included queue as it really is important for threading :)

it's a bad thing to use globals, and also it's better to open the text file using the "with open..."

but yeah, why tkinter , other than that great tut

I do not sell anything. I do not have a public Discord / Telegram. I will never ask anyone for money / refuse any deal via middleman. I will never deny to confirm my identity via PM before any deal. Stay safe, I have impersonators

(-.-)Zzz...

9msvkrc0duy41.jpg?ex=65587c28&is=6546072

Kitty
Kitty
    Rep
    PM me for coding services :)

Threads: 28
Credits: 2

User has joined recently.
Make sure to use a MiddleMan.
Four years registered

it's a bad thing to use globals, and also it's better to open the text file using the "with open..."

but yeah, why tkinter , other than that great tut

I use glob for indexing folder contents, is there a better way other than direct io?

ahSEw91.png

skywalker
skywalker
    Rep
    certified hood moment

Threads: 29

Four years registered

I use glob for indexing folder contents, is there a better way other than direct io?

what do you mean by that, do you have any chance of getting us some code to review ?

I do not sell anything. I do not have a public Discord / Telegram. I will never ask anyone for money / refuse any deal via middleman. I will never deny to confirm my identity via PM before any deal. Stay safe, I have impersonators

(-.-)Zzz...

9msvkrc0duy41.jpg?ex=65587c28&is=6546072

moneymadelone
moneymadelone
    Rep

One year registered

thank you bro