ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

Photo

How do I damage my own laptop, while still being fixable by only me

• Please log in to reply
How do I damage my own laptop, while still being fixable by only me

Poll: How do I damage my own laptop, while still being fixable by only me (0 member(s) have cast votes)

f

1. f (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. f (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

salcko
salcko
    Rep

Threads: 1
Credits: 0
One year registered

I'm petty as fuck, and I'm currently in a situation where I have no choice but to return this laptop back, little backstory is its been given to me by my aunt who recently passed away (last month), and now my cousins or her son needs or probably want the laptop back. I cant refuse for a bunch of reasons, they gave this laptop to me since its been damaged, constant BSOD but I fixed it by watching a simple YT vid. This laptop is probably my only chance to pursue my CS college course since we currently don't have any home PC, except for the pc in my moms school office. But probably my only last choice to get it back, is to pretend like its broken. Since I'm pretty sure they have a lot of options, they just want this back for a reason.

ManuelPardo
ManuelPardo
    Rep
    Airborne forever. I love you, Michi baby.

Threads: 2
Credits: 0

Four years registered

I'm petty as fuck, and I'm currently in a situation where I have no choice but to return this laptop back, little backstory is its been given to me by my aunt who recently passed away (last month), and now my cousins or her son needs or probably want the laptop back. I cant refuse for a bunch of reasons, they gave this laptop to me since its been damaged, constant BSOD but I fixed it by watching a simple YT vid. This laptop is probably my only chance to pursue my CS college course since we currently don't have any home PC, except for the pc in my moms school office. But probably my only last choice to get it back, is to pretend like its broken. Since I'm pretty sure they have a lot of options, they just want this back for a reason.

Simply tamper with the disk slot on your laptop. Remove the disk and the pc will simply not boot into Windows, showing a black sceen informing the user that he is waiting for a bootable media to be inserted.
Have good care of the disk tho, it will have your os, program and documents.
It is worth to mention that if the laptop is not recent then hardware slots may be easily accessible.
A wise move to make it all look more legit would be to buy a broken 2.5" internal hdd and swap it with yours. That said, remember that you will never fool an expert.
Also, the method i've provided to you would be useful in the event of not getting the laptop back. If the pc is running Windows 10 you can just hop the disk on other hardware and you'll be almost good to go.

Edited by ManuelPardo, 13 November 2023 - 08:14 PM.